Limerick senior hurling manager John Kiely has made one change to the team that beat Cork in the Munster Hurling League Final for Saturday’s opening National Hurling League game with Tipperary in Thurles.
Into the starting team comes Na Piarsaigh’s Mike Casey at full back in place of Aaron Costello with Richie English moving to left corner back.
Limerick have also named a strong bench that includes team captain Declan Hannon, Will O’Donoghue, Gearoid Hegarty and Seamus Flanagan.
Full panel for the game is as follows:
1. Barry Hennessy (Kilmallock)
2. Tom Condon (Knockaderry)
3. Mike Casey (Na Piarsaigh)
4. Richie English (Doon)
5. Diarmaid Byrnes (Patrickswell)
6. Dan Morrissey (Ahane)
7. Barry Nash (South Liberties)
8. Robbie Hanley (Kilmallock)
9. Cian Lynch (Patrickswell) Captain
10. Darragh O’Donovan (Doon)
11. Tom Morrissey (Ahane)
12. David Reidy (Dromin-Athlacca)
13. Aaron Gillane (Patrickswell)
14. Graeme Mulcahy (Kilmallock)
15. David Dempsey (Na Piarsaigh)
Subs: 16. Nickie Quaid (Effin), 17. Conor Boylan (Na Piarsaigh), 18. Ronan Connolly (Adare), 19. Aaron Costello (Kilmallock), 20. Sean Finn (Bruff), 21. Seamus Flanagan (Feohanagh-Castlemahon), 22. Declan Hannon (Adare), 23. Gearoid Hegarty (St. Patrick’s), 24. Darren O’Connell (Kildimo-Pallaskenry), 25. William O’Donoghue (Na Piarsiagh), 26. Paddy O’Loughlin (Kilmallock)
The post Kiely names Limerick team for opening league clash with Tipperary appeared first on Sporting Limerick.