SATURDAY is Munster Mile Day at the Limerick Racecourse with eight races in total on the card.
The first race is the Patrickswell Maiden at 12.50pm with the highlight on the card the competitive Munster Mile Handicap of €21,000.00 won last year by Spanish Terror for Timothy Doyle and Billy Lee.
- 12.50: This can go to DEPARTMENTALIZE (nap). He is less exposed than his main market rivals and could have more to offer following his narrow defeat to an 86-rated rival at Roscommon last time. Roundel would appear the biggest danger, but perhaps Wonwabbitwonp might be the one to give the selection most to think about.
- 1.20: A lot would need to go wrong for ALEX D not to get off the mark here, unless The Piano Player is well above average. While the selection was a disappointing odds-on favourite at Naas, he did meet a few traffic jams at crucial stages and blinkers could aid his concentration levels. This looks a poor maiden. Haigney can reward each-way players.
- 1.50: The slight drop in trip could well be just what the doctor ordered for the Denis Hogan-trained DALVEY in order for this lightly raced gelding to resume winning ways. A bit disappointing over nine furlongs in Listed company on his recent visit to Listowel, he can keep Breaking Story and Prince Of Naples at bay here.
- 2.24: This has a fairly open look to it but LOTTIELOVEHEART went close on similar ground to this at Galway last time when only narrowly denied by an in-form rival and that race has worked out well subsequently. Indiana Grey might be suited by the step-up in trip in here.
- 2.59: She might be vulnerable to a better-handicapped sort but SOINEANTA seems a bit more consistent than most of these and is proven to some extent over this trip on testing ground. Rotokura has been shaping like he has a race like this in him and he may be suited by a return to seven furlongs here.
- 3.30: Well-backed to win on his recent handicap debut when a little unlucky in running, DANCE JUPITER has more scope for improvement than most here and he can be expected to make a bold bid to recoup the losses. What a season Sheer Bravado is enjoying, and whilst he is now 28lb higher than the first of his three recent wins, but he may not be done with just yet. bQuizicalp is also worth a close look. [Seamus Howard]
- 4.05: William Of Wykeham looks very well treated having progressed over hurdles since he was last seen on the Flat and he’s interesting if he gets in. However, DREAL DEAL landed a big gamble over hurdles last time out and while he had been struggling on the Flat previously, he could be a different proposition over this new trip.
- 4.40: There was plenty to like about the effort of VITA VERITAS at Navan on Wednesday and she has obvious claims from the same mark before the assessor has his say. Annie Pender finds herself on a very workable mark back on the Flat and has been running well over hurdles in recent times.
12.50pm – Departmentalize
1.20 – Alex D
1.50 – Dalvey
2.24 – Lottieloveheart
2.59 – Soineanta
3.30 – Dance Jupiter
4.05 – Dreal Deal
4.40 – Vita Veritas
For more tips click the link here.