IN their last outing the Irish squad steamrolled past the Welsh and now they will look to do the same to France.
There are five Munster men named in the squad with two in the backs and three more among the replacements.
Richie Murphy has made four changes to his side that faced Wales last week in the tournament. Aitzol King, Daniel Hawkshaw, Ethan Coughlan and Rory McGuire coming into the side for the second-round trip.
King joins Munster’s Patrick Campbell and Shane Mallon in the back-three, with Hawkshaw partnering Ben Brownlee in midfield.
Ethan Coughlan, who made his Munster senior debut in the Heineken Champions Cup before Christmas, comes in at half-back alongside Charlie Tector.
There is just one change in the front as tighthead McGuire is drafted into the front row alongside Jack Boyle and hooker James McCormick. UCD team-mates Mark Morrissey and Conor O’Tighearnaigh continue together in the second row, while Reuben Crothers once again leads the side from an unchanged back row.
James McNabney and James Culhane, who was the PwC player-of-the-match last Friday, complete the line-up.
Speaking about the importance of this top of the table clash, Murphy said
“We were pleased with the performance and result in round one, but we’ve had to turn the page quickly ahead of a big challenge on Friday night. The players acquitted themselves well last week and we have been able to focus on the areas of our game that need refinement this week. There is no greater test than going away to France and the group are excited about that challenge.”
IRELAND UNDER-20 Team & Replacements (v France Under-20s, 2022 U-20 Six Nations Championship)
15. Patrick Campbell (Young Munster RFC/Munster)
14. Aitzol King (Clontarf FC/Leinster)
13. Ben Brownlee (UCD RFC/Leinster)
12. Daniel Hawkshaw (Clontarf FC/Leinster)
11. Shane Mallon (UCD RFC/Leinster)
10. Charlie Tector (Lansdowne FC/Leinster)
9. Ethan Coughlan (Shannon RFC/Munster)
1. Jack Boyle (UCD RFC/Leinster)
2. James McCormick (Ballymena RFC/Ulster)
3. Rory McGuire (UCD RFC/Leinster)
4. Conor O’Tighearnaigh (UCD RFC/Leinster)
5. Mark Morrissey (UCD RFC/Leinster)
6. James McNabney (Ballymena RFC/Ulster)
7. Reuben Crothers (Ballynahinch RFC/Ulster) (capt)
8. James Culhane (UCD RFC/Leinster)
16. Josh Hanlon (Ballynahinch RFC/Ulster)
17. Oisin Michel (Lansdowne FC/Leinster)
18. Darragh McSweeney (Shannon RFC/Munster)
19. Adam McNamee (Malone RFC/Ulster)
20. Conor Moloney (Young Munster RFC/Munster)
21. Matthew Devine (Galway Corinthians RFC/Connacht)
22. Tony Butler (Garryowen FC/Munster)
23. Dylan O’Grady (UCD RFC/Leinster)
The post TEAM | Coughlan named from the start as Ireland make four changes for U20’s Six Nations meeting with France appeared first on Sporting Limerick.