PAUL Partnership in conjunction with Limerick Local Enterprise Office (LEO) will be hosting the Bookkeeping course over 5 mornings, beginning on Wednesday 18 May.
The course is titled ”Bookkeeping Basics for Small Business Start-ups” and it will provide participants with ”an understanding of basic Accounting practices to be applied in their business”.
PAUL Partnership in conjunction with Limerick Local Enterprise Office will be hosting a Bookkeeping course “Bookkeeping Basics for Small Business Start-ups” commencing Wednesday 18th May over 5 mornings.
— Local Enterprise Office Limerick (@leo_limerick) May 10, 2022
By the end of the course, participants will be efficient in many areas like:
- Knowing how to maintain basic books and records
- Understand Accounting terminology & Accounting practices
- Understand VAT, PAYE & Revenue compliance obligations
The course content includes:
- Importance of having a Bookkeeping system
- Preparation of books & records – Purchases, Sales, Cash books
- Cheques Journals & Bank reconciliations
- Completion of Government forms – VAT returns, PAYE/PRSI;
- Business structures & relevant compliance for each.
Padraig Considine, Professional Accounting Solutions will be the trainer for the course. Padraig has over 20 years experience in delivering training programmes and has provided Mentoring support to clients on behalf of Local Enterprise Offices around the country.
The dates for the course are Wednesday 18 May, Wednesday 25 May, Wednesday 1 June, Wednesday 8 June and Thursday 9 June. The courses will be delivered through Zoom from 10am to 1pm and are free of charge.