LIMERICK City and County Library service is delighted to welcome back members of the public to a number of libraries from today [Tuesday 30 June 2020] as part of Phase 3 of the Government’s Roadmap.
Library members will be allowed to access the following library branches for limited times.
The five branches are:
- Watch House Cross
- Newcastle West
This will allow members to browse library collections, select stock and check stock items out on self-service machines. Borrowed items can also be returned during the visit.
The libraries listed above will operate from 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 4 pm, Tuesday to Friday.
Library staff will manage the numbers of people entering the branch at any one time.
Members are requested to
- Place any items for return into the sealed box at the library door
- Sanitise hands at the pump station
- Limit their visit to 15 minutes – to allow for the maximum number of members to access the library
- Use self-service machines to check out items. Instructions are listed clearly on each machine.
- Follow directional signage in the library and practice social distancing.
Presently there will be no public access to study facilities, internet, Wi-Fi, newspapers and magazines, community rooms, exhibition spaces and public toilets during this phased re-opening.
Further branch libraries will re-open at a later stage.
The hugely popular and successful online services providing free access to eBooks, newspapers, magazines, local history, language learning, courses and online story time will continue to be provided.