NIAMH Regan is a critically acclaimed songwriter from county Galway. Released in the midst of the lockdown in 2020, her debut album Hemet announced her arrival as one of the most distinctive songwriters in Ireland today.
Earning nominations for both the RTÉ Folk Awards and the Choice Awards Album of the Year, the album received soaring praise, and led to performances on The Late Late Show and Other Voices.
Following her studies at the University of Limerick, Regan honed her craft as a songwriter by travelling between Ireland and California, writing about her experiences along the way.
As a result, her songs seamlessly weave the intimacy of the Irish lyrical tradition with the expansive breadth of American songwriters such as Karen Dalton, Stevie Nicks and Joni Mitchell, but the resulting sound is entirely her own.
A natural storyteller, Regan’s songs are windows into her world, snapshots of the intimacy of everyday life. This is evident on her upcoming EP, ‘In the Meantime’, which was generously supported by the Galway International Arts Festival Elevate Bursary.
The EP is a collection of songs written during the challenges of the pandemic, exploring themes of acceptance, uncertainty, independence, family guilt, silence and ordinary acts of love. With her singular mastery, Regan’s songwriting draws us into the intricate details of everyday life and elevates them into something universal.
This month, Niamh returns to Limerick, to play Upstairs at Dolan’s on Wednesday November 17, with support from west Cork singer songwriter Molly O’Mahony.
Niamh says “I can’t wait to play Dolan’s. Having studied in UL in the Irish World Academy for four years, Limerick city and Dolan’s played a huge role in my college life and experience of great live music.
“I’ve opened for Mick Flannery and John Smith in the past here and it’s now such an honour to be returning with a full band to play a headline show of my own. A real pinch me moment to be honest.” she added
Full tour dates:
- Right Here Right Now festival, Cork Opera House, w/ Cork Opera House Concert Orchestra | Fri 12th Nov
- (SOLD OUT) Róisín Dubh, Galway w/ support from Molly O’Mahony | Sat 13th Nov
- DeBarra’s Clonakilty w/ support from Molly O’Mahony | Sun 14th Nov
- Levis’ Corner House, Ballydehob w/ support from Molly O’Mahony | Mon 15th Nov
- Dolan’s (Upstairs), Limerick (Presented by Seoda Shows) w/ support from Molly O’Mahony | Wed 17th Nov
- Whelan’s, Dublin (Presented by Singular Artists) w/ support from Tadhg Williams | Thurs 18th Nov
- (SOLD OUT) The Duncairn, Belfast w/ support from Laytha | Fri 19th Nov
- Spirit Store, Dundalk w/ support from D Cullen and Sinead McConville | Sat 20th Nov
- (SOLD OUT) Quiet Lights festival @ Coughlan’s Live | Sat 21st Nov:
- The Green Note, London, UK | Wed 24th Nov
Tickets for these shows are available via http://niamhregan.com/tour.html